Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sakwinder Narwal - The Passionate Fisherman

Sakwinder Narwal has been very much into fishing since he was a young boy. As he's grown and matured, he has been able to follow his passion all around the world. He's very enthusiastic about every aspect of fishing. He quotes “Fishing has taken me to some of the wildest and most beautiful natural settings. “I have to know it all. I am an amateur ichthyologist. I want to know everything about the environment and feeding habits of both fresh and salt-water fish. I am also fascinated by the technology of fishing; I have hundreds of lures and dozens of rods and reels. Most importantly, I love the connection with nature that I get from fishing. There is nothing as relaxing and satisfying as catching fish on a beautiful day on a beautiful body of water.” Sakwinder Narwal enjoys fish to eat every now and then, but he does not fish for food. He strictly catches and releases.

Sakwinder Narwal fishes just about every week and has gone to Alaska, New York, California and Florida. He fishes the Florida Keys looking for tarpon bonefish and permit. He also fishes for sharks in the waters off Montauk Point, on New York’s Long Island and fishes for American Shad in New Jersey's portion of the Delaware River. Sak Narwal loves to visit Louisiana for the food, the music and the fishing. In Buras, Louisiana, he fished a marshy bank area on a severely low tide. Using a 3/4 oz. jig head and queen-sized minnow lure he fished a hard fighting redfish, many of them being in the ten pound range.

No comments:

Post a Comment